FIrst Race! - Price, UTRead Now
We had our first race of the season this past weekend in Price, UT. It was really an amazing experience! These kids did such an incredible job, putting their full effort into their races and having a great time while doing it. It resulted in some great finishes, and a 2nd place trophy for our team in Division 3!!
We were lucky to have a green condition race for our first race, and that meant that our families and teammates got to hang around and cheer us on and experience the whole race. Every rider on the team competed and finished their race - a seriously unique and rare thing for a team. Here are some highlights to know about our weekend:
1. We placed 2nd place in our division, missing first place by just 6 points to Copper Hills.
2. We had several top ten finishes, including: Roland Amendola (5th), Brady Lockwood (6th), Steele Elton (7th), Luke Anderson (8th), and Andrew Petersen (10th).
3. We also had several top 20 finishes: Kamber Sasser (14th), Claire Scattolon (15th), Bridger Prince (17th), James Duncan (16th), Will Stansfield (15th), Brayton Ercanbrack (20th), and Kade Johnson (12th).
4. We had some really amazing, cool performances of note as well:
- Luke Anderson, as a sophomore, came out and tore through Varsity, ending at 8th place!
- Kade Johnson (8th grade), in advanced boys and a VERY fast race, placed 12th with an incredibly fast 22 minute first lap time (as fast as some JVA kids).
- Ryan Tomseth bolted out of the gate and from way back, threw down a great first lap and was in first place running through his first lap. That was really fun to watch!
- James Duncan, in his first ever mountain bike race, put down a 16th place in Freshman A, which is a very impressive start to the season in a very fast race.
Of course, I could mention every person on the team for the effort they put forward, for their attitudes, and performances. Not one person under-performed or gave up or should be disappointed in any placing or time. I was truly impressed. There were neat moments all day for me as a coach like...
- When Owen Bradley came around after lap 1 and had a huge smile on his face.
- Apparently Luke Anderson was having enough fun on the course to make motor sounds when passing certain people (haha - this was told to me - I did not hear it).
- Claire Scattolon gave a big cheer when she come in and had a big smile on her face.
- Steele Elton - ever the chill dude, with his casual 7th place...then went home and competed in a major ninja warrior competition (got 2nd place) without any problem.
- Ryan Pemberton, crashed in warm up and then went and did his whole race, without knowing the whole time he had a fractured wrist and elbow - SAY WHAT??!! Talk about crazy tough!
- Jaidon Watters totally got into the whole experience and stayed to cheer on his teammates at the finish line.
- Roland Amendola was a great teammate, hanging out at the finish line, waiting for his group mates.
Seriously though, I loved all of it. Every kid showed heart, supported each other, and showed awesome team spirit.
I want to give a special thank you to all the parents and coaches for making this race work. Because of you, we had a great experience and were able to support these awesome kids. Thank you!
If you want to see pictures, or contribute to them, see this link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/x9B5VybQREekRAvPA
Posts are currently done by Head Coach, Adam Clark.